7 years ago we lost an Angel: Aaliyah

This is the day we pay homage to the late Aaliyah. I remember the first time I saw Aaliyah perform. She performed "One In A Million" on Nickelodeon's All That. Decked in baggy jeans, a fitted top and her signature swoop she was a new movement on the scene. Born January 16, 1979 and taken away from us August 25, 2001. When we lost Aaliyah we lost an artist on the brink of new things. She was a force to be reckoned with and the game truly knew it. Looking at artist today such as Ciara and Rihanna I see attributes of Aaliyah. If she was still here I could only imagine the music she'd have on the radio. She left at a time when her album 'Aaliyah' was getting the respect it had so long deserved. Aaliyah was the first chick to step on the scene giving you boy vibe with a feminine twist and it was fresh. On that dreaded day in 2001 when we lost Aaliyah heaven gained another angel back in it's rightful place. On this day let's pay love and respect to Aaliyah by playing some of her greatest videos. We love and miss you Aaliyah. If my calculations are right, forgive me if not I'm horrible in math Aaliyah would have been 29 years of age and still sitting.

No comments: