Aaliyah - 7 Years On



Damn, Can You Believe It Has Been 7 Whole Years Since Our Baby Girl Aaliyah Was Taken From Us?


As most will know, it was August 25th 2001, on her way back from shooting her last video for Rock The Boat that Aaliyah Haughton was killed in a plane crash with some of her closest friends. After many, many enquiries & a lot of fingers being pointed, some at Aaliyah herself, I think it is best concluded as a tragic accident that stole the life of my favourite recording artist of all time.

Aaliyah, Missy & Tim created my favourite tunes that I love hearing every day, the futuristic beats of Timabalnd mixed with the purest vocal harmonies of Aalyah make for the most unique R&B sound ever to be developed. In my opinion, Timbo has never made beats the same since her passing, maybe in an attempt to preserve her memory?

Aaliyah's influence can be heard every day in the music of Timbaland, Missy, Mary J. Blige, Brandy & a host of other contemporary R&B & Hip-Hop stars. So as long as people continue to listen to her music & the music she has inspired, then she will never die.

"I want people to remember me as a full on entertainer and a good person."
- Aaliyah



We Miss You
R.I.P

No comments: