Aaliyah QUOTES / QUOTATIONS






All I can do is leave it in God's hands and hope that my fans feel where I'm coming from.


At first, I was a little nervous with snakes, but once I started to handle them, I totally fell in love and felt an affinity toward them. They're very mysterious creatures. They live in solitude.


Because I came out as a singer, I took the time to get an acting coach.


Being around cameras on the set and getting comfortable with that environment can prepare you for something like a film.


Being in Australia, filming Queen of the Damned, was really cool, because I really got to take a break from the industry and be totally creative.


I began to work the stage and get the audience into it. I also learned how to have fun out there. It is something I will never forget.


I don't feel I made any sacrifices at all. I'm doing my best to juggle.


I don't think about my previous success. I'm happy that the work I've done has been very successful.


I don't want to abandon one work for the other, and I don't think I need to sacrifice anything to put my all into either one of them.


I feel snakes are very complex creatures, but at the same time, they're sexy, too. They're dangerous, but quite beautiful.


I first dealt with snakes when I was in Australia and I did the photo shoot for the album. We used five pythons.


I have the time needed to support the album and tour.


I just let it work itself out, let it flow.


I know that people think I'm sexy and I am looked at as that. It is cool with me. It's wonderful to have sexy appeal. If you embrace it, it can be a very beautiful thing.


I see myself as sexy. If you are comfortable with it, it can be very classy and appealing.


I stay true to myself and my style, and I am always pushing myself to be aware of that and be original.


I think it's important to take a break, you know, from the public eye for a while, and give people a chance to miss you. I want longevity. I don't want to get out there and run myself ragged and spread myself thin.


I took acting when I was young. I did a lot of plays. I sang. I had dance classes. I was trained in each thing.


I took the time out to give my all.


I want people to remember me as a full on entertainer and a good person.


I wanted to take a break after One in a Million to just relax, think about how I wanted to approach the next album.


I'm a total performer.


I'm involved in some action scenes, so they'll train me for that. I'll be working with my acting coach to prepare for my character.


I'm the interpreter. I'm the one who takes your words and brings them to life. I was trained to sing and dance and laugh, and that's what I want to do.


If I don't think about it, it won't drive me crazy.


If you want to go to the mall, you have to take security. But it's always cool. The kids are amazing.


In film, you are a totally different person than in the video.


In this business, it is very hard to have anything for yourself, because you become a public figure. That comes with the territory.


It was always part of the plan to move into acting.


It's hard to say what I want my legacy to be when I'm long gone.


It's really a sad story, and I liked that. The songs on this album talk about relationships in every aspect.


Keep working hard and you can get anything that you want.


Keep working hard and you can get anything that you want. If God gave you the talent, you should go for it. But don't think it's going to be easy. It's hard!


Music is for everyone to interpret in their own way. You may hear a song and feel one way about it, and I feel another.


My character's name is Zee. She's a funky girl very much in love with her boyfriend. It is cool to be a part of such an amazing film. It's like the Star Wars of our time.


My favorite song is I Care 4 U. I listened to it right when I finished One in a Million. It's a timeless, classic song.


Romeo Must Die came at the right time. It was the right vehicle for me.


Romeo Must Die happened, so I had to do that film and then do the soundtrack, then promote it.


Some songs call for a little more power, and I am able to go there, but my signature style is very laid-back and relaxed.


The Matrix is top secret. There isn't much that can be said right now.


There are certain things I want to keep to me. I don't discuss my private life.


There are relationships where a guy already has a girlfriend and he's got one on the side, too.


There are times I can't even figure myself out.


There are times in my life when I just want to be by myself.
Quotation of Aaliyah

There is a bit of acting involved when you get in front of a camera for a video. Even when you perform onstage, you're putting on a show.


There's a sweetness to it. My singing style is very soft, my signature is falsetto, with a breathy tone.


Well, I think that the image is a part of me. I wear the baggy pants, the hats, the whole nine. And you know, I may add a little for the excitement and the intrigue in the videos, but my family has told me that little air of mystery that surrounds me is for real.


When I did Queen of the Damned, I decided to record the album at the same time so that I could release it this year.


When I felt ready, I went out for Romeo Must Die. I am constantly honing my craft.


You have to love what you do to want to do it everyday.


Your life belongs to the public, and there are certain things you can't do anymore.

No comments: