Remembering Aaliyah

Do you remember what you were doing when you heard the news? I do. It was a Saturday night and I was getting ready to go out. My sister had come in saying that she heard a rumor that Aaliyah had died. Like most I refused to believe it until I turned on the radio and heard one of the Power (92.3) Dj’s who was broadcasting live from a club saying that he just recieved a text message from a friend in the industry saying that Aaliyah had passed away in a plane crash earlier today. I knew it was true because last I checked news like that isn’t gonna get the crowd “hype” or get people to the club. I was shocked.

Obviously I didn’t know Aaliyah personally but like a lot of her fans, I felt like I knew her. I grew up with her. Loved everything about her and her style. Needless to say I stayed in that night remembering Aaliyah.

No comments: